2011 Ford Super Duty® Delivers a List of Best-in-class Performance
A lot of people are excited about the 2011 Ford Super Duty®. This week, media are getting their first chance to drive the vehicles and write their new vehicle reviews. But already, the truck has been busy with deliveries.
First, the 2011 Ford Super Duty delivers a long list of best-in-class achievements:
- The all-new Ford-engineered, Ford-designed, Ford-built 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V-8 turbocharged diesel engine has best-in-class torque of 735 ft.-lb. (at 1,600 rpm) and best-in-class 390 horsepower (at 2,800 rpm)
- The new diesel does this with best-in-class fuel economy and biodiesel compatibility up to B20
- All-new 6.2-liter V-8 gas engine is best-in-class with 385 horsepower and 405 ft.-lb. of torque
- The 6.2-litre V-8 delivers class-leading fuel economy and E85 compatibility
- The 2011 Super Duty has class-leading payload capability at 12,711 pounds on chassis cabs, 6,520 pounds on pickups
- And it has best-in-class towing capability of 26,400 pounds on chassis cabs, 24,400 pounds on pickups
The 2011 Super Duty builds on its best-in-class towing and payload capability by offering more towing options from inside the bed. It is now available with the first-ever factory-installed and warranted fifth wheel and gooseneck substructure directly attached to the frame.
For 2011, Super Duty also features an all-new transmission. The 6R140 heavy-duty TorqShift six-speed automatic transmission was designed to manage the high levels of low-end torque produced by the new diesel engine. The same basic transmission is also mated to the new gasoline engine, giving customers of either engine the ability to efficiently get the increased torque and horsepower to the ground. In addition to hardware-based improvements, the new transmission features enhanced Tow Haul mode with integrated engine exhaust braking and SelectShift Automatic capability, which includes Progressive Range Select and a manual mode, allowing customers to select the gear to suit their needs.